Last Updated on 3 weeks
The History of China, as well as India, has a tremendous effect on our lives. Chinese old proverbs and sayings have profound effects on our lives. They can motivate us, inspire us,d and help us to get what really we want.
Chinese Old Proverbs and Sayings have the ability to change your future. It needs high I.Q to understand the meaning of Chinese proverbs and Sayings.
Here are 151 Ancient Chinese Proverbs and Sayings relates to Love, Success, Wisdom, Business, and etc..
26 Ancient Chinese Proverbs
1. Every effect has its cause. Lit. : Rivers have sources, trees have roots.
2. It thunders loudly, but rains very little.
3. If you don’t scale the mountain, you can’t view the plain.
4. If you do not enter a tiger’s den, you cannot get his cubs.
5. Never was a good work done without much trouble.
6. Keep company with good men, and good men you win imitate ;
Keep company with beggars, and sleep outside some temple gate.
7. All bad alike.
8. Look not at thieves eating flesh, but look at them suffering punishment.
9. The people follow the example of. those above them.
10. No needle has two sharp points.
11. To force a hen to hatch chickens.
12. One foot cannot stand on two boats.
13. You cannot clap with one palm.
14. One man cannot manage too many affairs.
15. Save thoroughly, if you will; Kill thoroughly if you kill.
16. The loftiest towers rise from the ground.
17. Everything is difficult at first.
18. What is earned with hard labor is eaten with pleasure.
19. Done leisurely, done well.
20. Iron long fired becomes steel.
21. What you have to do, do without delay.
22. A novice at the first attempt, an adept at the second.
23. It is easier than to blow dust off anything.
24. Although dogs .together fight, They are very soon all right.25. One dog barks at something, and a hundred bark at him. Click To Tweet
26. Men and beasts are all alike.
12 Chinese Proverbs About Success
1. Be resolved and the thing is done.
2. Through all his ranges of spires, the murex will force out his head.
3. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
4. Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is a success.
5. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
6. Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.
7. To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.
8. Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
9. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
10. I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
11. Success is counted sweetest / By those who ne’er succeed.12. The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way. Click To Tweet
1. Love at first sight
2. Different flowers match different eyes.
3. Fate/destiny has us meet from a thousand miles away.
4. To be deeply attached to
5. Love the house and its crow.
6. Hold hands with you, grow old with you.
7. To be together forever
8. Seeing is believing.
9. Every man loves to his own taste.
10. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.11. The lovers are finally together, all shall be well. Click To Tweet
12. With affection, the lovers could feel enough though they only drink water, but without affection, the lovers could be hungry though they eat food.
13. Love well, whip well.
14. When you catch someone’s heart, you will never be apart.
23 Chinese Proverbs About Wisdom
1. Wisdom is attained by learning when to hold one’s tongue.
2. Not until just before dawn do people sleep best; not until people get old do they become wise.
3. Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed rather at not being understanding.
4. Beauty is the wisdom of women
5. Great doubts deep wisdom
6. Intelligence is endowed, but wisdom is learned.
7. No wisdom to silence.
8. Beauty is the wisdom of women. Wisdom is the beauty of men.
9. Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed at not understanding.
10. A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.
11. A single conversation across the table with a wise man is worth a month’s study of books.
12. Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts, little wisdom.
13. The pine stays green in winter, wisdom in hardship.
14. The palace leads to fame, the market to fortune, and loneliness to wisdom.
15. The fool does what he can’t avoid, the wise man avoids what he can’t do.
16. The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
17. No matter how much the wise man travels, he always lives in the same place.
18. The knowledge that is not replenished diminishes every day.19. He who travels a lot becomes wise; he who is wise stays home. Click To Tweet
20. Great doubts deep wisdom. Small doubts little wisdom.
21. When you cease to strive to understand, then you will know without understanding.
22. No wisdom like silence.
23. Wise men are never in a hurry.
23 Chinese Proverbs About Happiness
1. The happiness of good men may be looked on as a reward: The happiness of bad men as a snare we must regard.
2. The happiness he has but no powers of enjoyment, Who, though his sails are set, must give his oars employment.
3. For neighbors to keep up a friendly tone. Is equal to finding a precious stone.
4. One man in a house, of joy, possessed, Passes it on to all the rest.
5. If you long for pleasure, you must labor hard to get it.
6. Sorrow is born of excessive joy.
7. Days of sorrow pass slowly; times of joy very quickly.
8. Happiness never comes in pairs; calamities never come singly.
9. Happiness stands by the ugly.
10. One generation plants the trees under whose cool shade another generation rests.
11. Of the five happiness, long life is the greatest.12. Peace and joy are more precious than yellow gold. Click To Tweet
13. It is good to be neither too high nor too low.
14. Happiness is Heaven-sent.
15. Possessed of happiness don’t exhaust it.
16. To dwell in peace is happiness.
17. The two words Peace and Rest are worth a thousand teals of gold.
18. When happiness comes the mind grows more intelligent.
19. The happy know not how time flies.
20. The two words Pure and Leisure no money can buy.
21. Be very careful of happiness; and provoke not a calamity.22. Three meals per day, one sleep per night. Click To Tweet
23. Few desires—and buoyant spirits: many cares—and feeble health.
30 Chinese Proverbs About Business
1. When two partners have one mind, Clay is into gold refined.
2. Who does not ready money clutch Of business, talent has not much.
3. Fortunes of thousands, of thousands ten, Cannot be made but by able men.
4. Profits equally share; Losses equally bear.
5. Use the little to get big.6. Cheap things are not good; good things are not cheap. Click To Tweet
7. There is a time to fish, and a time to dry nets.
8. Great profits, great risks.
9. Count cash as though it were gold, and so avoid the least mistake.
8. You cannot cheat one in the trade.
9. Wares are good and bad; prices high and low.
10. When there is no fish in the river, shrimps are dear.
11. What the customer dreads is to be taken in.
12. Bargaining is as necessary to trade as poling to a vessel.
13. Bad silver will only buy old sow’s flesh.
14. He sings for joy who makes a profit easily.
15. In business, one must be perfectly affable.
16. Every trade has its ways.
17. There are customers for all sorts of goods.
18. High prices attract sellers from afar,
19. Dispute the price, but don’t dispute the weight.
20. Hold back your goods for a thousand days, and you’ll be sure to sell at a profit.
21. Just scales and full measures injure no man.
22. Small trades make a great profit.
23. When you buy, buy genuine articles; and if you must lose, lose as little as possible.
24. A good customer won’t change his shop or a good shop loses its customer, once in three years.
25. Those who can do a good trade don’t wrangle over taxes.
26. When there is no fish in one spot, cast your hook into another.
27. Before you calculate on buying, calculate on selling.
28. A string of cash, can but reach to the back of one’s heel.
29. Small profits on large capital are after all great; great profits on small capital are after all small.30. You cannot trade without some capital. Click To Tweet
22 Chinese Proverbs and Sayings About Death
1. The man lives, but wit lives not; wit lives and the man grows old.
Life and wit both live, but e’er a man knows it his days are told.
2. The roots of an old tree in the earth you may find, But a dead man is fully cut off from his kind.
3. On the road to Hades (or the Yellow spring) no account is taken of old and young.
4. Insects of every kind covet life and fear death.
5. Man’s life is like a candle in the wind or hoar-frost on the tiles.
6. Man’s life on earth resembles a spring dream; when once the soul has fled, all is over.
7. Few have ever attained the age of threescore years and ten.
8. Though a man lives a hundred years still he must die; and the sooner we die the sooner we have done with the body.
9. Before a man knows it he has grown white-headed.
10. The ancients see not the modern moon, but the modern moon shone on the ancients.
11. Man lives a generation as plants a spring.
12. After the full moon, the light diminishes; after middle-age man’s affairs begin to lessen.
13. Men live like birds in wood together, but when the set time comes each takes his flight.
14. Sick folks dread a devil’s call.
15. Death has reached the points of his eyebrows.
16. When the oil is exhausted the lamp dies out.
17. Get the coffin ready and the man won’t die.
18. There is a day to be born, and a time to die.
19. To-day secures not tomorrow’s affairs.20. When a man will risk his life, ten thousand cannot stop him. Click To Tweet
21. A generation is like a swift horse passing a crevice.
22. The Emperor with all Ms wealth cannot buy myriads of years.
9 Chinese Proverb For Patience
1. Mistakes occur through haste, never through doing a thing leisurely.
2. To perfect diligence nothing is difficult.
3. Mistakes occur through haste, never through doing a thing leisurely.
4. One moment of patience may ward off a great disaster; one moment of impatience may ruin a whole life.
5. A moment of patience can prevent a great disaster and a moment of impatience can ruin a whole life.
6. Patience is power; with time and patience, the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown.
7. Patience in the household is a real treasure.
8. Patience and the mulberry leaf become a silk robe.9. Nature, time, and patience are the three great physicians. Click To Tweet
7 Chinese Proverb For Crisis
1. One year borrows another year’s food.
2. Debt oppresses man.3. When the man dies the debt is lost. Click To Tweet
4. It is easier to capture a tiger on the mountains than to ask for a loan of money.
5. Credit cuts off customers.
6. For criminals there are prisons; where are there prisons for debtors?
7. To borrow one to pay another.
16 Chinese proverb for opportunity
1. It ought to be settled,—you settle it not; In consequence, trouble will fall to your lot.
2. Since the wind blows your fire, No need yourself to tire.
3. Those near a mandarin get honor; those near a kitchen food.
4. He who neglects a good opportunity, must not afterward complain.
5. Opportunity must sometime visit the meanest.
6. Pass no day idly, youth does not return.
7. A hero without the opportunity of displaying his bravery.
8. Enjoying good opportunities.
9. Neglected youth brings miserable age.
10. Every high road leads to Peking.
11. When a vessel is in the middle of a river it is too late to stop the leak.
12. If you do not kill a man outright he will live to be your enemy.
13. He borrows the Wind to cross the river.14. Strike while the iron's hot. Click To Tweet
15. When you see an opportunity, act.
16. When the melon is ripe it will drop off itself.
These all are the bunch of Chinese sayings and proverbs that might help you to become a legend. There’re some of the proverbs, I highlight with twitter sharing are my favorites.
Without any doubts, share your favorite Chinese sayings and proverbs in the bottom — a comment section.
Strike while the Iron’s Hot!!